Subject: sup troubles
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/1999 12:24:30
I've been unable to sup since my box got stuck behind a firewall. I have
managed to allow connections to port 871, but sup has nevertheless been
unsuccesful:

babylon5-1:~> sudo sup -v supconf
SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file supconf at Mar 20 12:14:06
SUP: Received unexpected message 1920102227
SUP Upgrade of current-pkgsrc at Sat Mar 20 12:14:07 1999
SUP: Error reading signon reply from fileserver
SUP: Upgrade of current aborted at Mar 20 12:14:07 1999

here's what I get when I try telnet:

babylon5-2:~> telnet sup.de.netbsd.org 871
Trying 136.199.8.81...
Connected to rzbsdi01.uni-trier.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
Sorry, service not available at this time

Connection closed by foreign host.

And finally here's my supconf file (it hasn't changed since the times I
was happily using sup without a firewall):

current        release=pkgsrc         host=sup.de.netbsd.org \
hostbase=/ftp/pub/NetBSD base=/usr prefix=/usr delete use-rel-suffix
current        release=allsrc          host=sup.de.netbsd.org \
hostbase=/ftp/pub/NetBSD base=/usr prefix=/usr delete use-rel-suffix
current        release=xsrc          host=sup.netbsd.org \
hostbase=/ftp/pub base=/usr prefix=/usr/src delete use-rel-suffix

This problem is host-independent, I get the same results also with e.g.
sup.netbsd.org and sup.owl.de

Any ideas or pointers or advice greatly appreciated,
thanks.

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  Citius, Altius,  \    / o