Subject: Re: IPNAT with just one ethernet card? -- now two cards...
To: None <msanders@confusion.net>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/05/1999 11:38:46
>>>>> "msanders" == "Michael K Sanders" <msanders@confusion.net> writes:

    msanders> Adding 'options GATEWAY' or 'options IPFORWARDING' to
    msanders> your kernel will cause the default to be 1.  See the
    msanders> options(4) man page.

But I do have 'options GATEWAY' set. Maybe the configuration file I'm
working with is pretty old, as IPFORWARDING isn't in it (easy enough
to add though, I'm just surprised to not see it in the file but
commented out). That's what puzzles me.

Here's the relevant section of my kernel configuration file:

# Networking options
options         GATEWAY         # packet forwarding
options         INET            # IP + ICMP + TCP + UDP
#options        MROUTING        # IP multicast routing
options         NS              # XNS
#options        NSIP            # XNS tunneling over IP
options         ISO,TPIP        # OSI
options         EON             # OSI tunneling over IP
options         CCITT,LLC,HDLC  # X.25
options         NETATALK        # AppleTalk networking protocols
#options        PPP_BSDCOMP     # BSD-Compress compression support for
# PPP
#options        PPP_DEFLATE     # Deflate compression support for PPP
#options        PPP_FILTER      # Active filter support for PPP
# (requires bpf)
options         PFIL_HOOKS      # pfil(9) packet filter hooks
options         IPFILTER_LOG    # ipmon(8) log support

Any thoughts?

thanks.
-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu