Subject: Re: 1.2.1 and Netscape 4.5
To: Timothy A. Musson <Timothy.A.Musson@lerc.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/1999 19:00:08
On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Timothy A. Musson wrote:

: We had the Netscape 3.0 beta for FreeBSD working fine on our NetBSD 1.2.1
: system.  Now we are attempting to update to Netscape 4.5.  Once again we
: are trying to use the FreeBSD version (downloaded from Netscape's site).

I suggest trying the bsdi11 binary.  It needs no compat libs, and should
work even on NetBSD 1.2.x as long as the options COMPAT_NOMID, COMPAT_09,
and COMPAT_10 are in the kernel.  (For 1.3.x, pkgsrc now has a
navigator/communicator pkg based on the bsdi11 binary.)