Subject: 1.2.1 and Netscape 4.5
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy A. Musson <Timothy.A.Musson@lerc.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/1999 17:57:02
We had the Netscape 3.0 beta for FreeBSD working fine on our NetBSD 1.2.1
system.  Now we are attempting to update to Netscape 4.5.  Once again we
are trying to use the FreeBSD version (downloaded from Netscape's site).
When we try to run Netscape 4.5 we get an error stating "Cannot allocate
memory.".  We freed up 22.5M and still got the error.  We have R all TFMNHA
(manuals, newsgroups, HOW-TO's, mail archives) we could think of/find, all
to no avail.  We are running on a Pentium 120 with 40M RAM.  We are hoping
that despite our efforts we have missed something simple, as flames would
be much appreciated at this point if they relieved our woes (as would any
points to useful info).  One thing to note:  updating beyond 1.2.1 is not
an option for this particular machine.

Thanks for your time,
Tim
--
Timothy A. Musson
NASA's John Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field