Subject: Re: IPNAT with just one ethernet card? -- now two cards...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@raptor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/03/1999 10:23:45
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Mar 3, Zach Fine wrote
> >
> > varieties available at the local computer store, I bought the rather
> > inexpensive Bay Networks NetGear 10/100 Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter FA
> > 310TX, which according to http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html
> > should use the "de" driver (unless of course that page's inclusion
> > of 'Bay Networks NetGear cards' is meant to exclude the particular
> > card I bought).
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Lite-On Communications product 0x0002 (ethernet network, revision
> > 0x21) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured
> >

> I guess this card doesn't use the Dec chip. Maybe it's a clone,
> but I fear they just changed their board design and use another chip.

New revs of the NetGear FA310-TX's use the Lite-On PNIC chip, which is
a Tulip clone, but not good enough of a clone to work without mods to
the DE driver.  Jason Thorpe had, at some point, mentioned he was
working on a driver for the PNIC/MXIC/... (not-100% tulip-clone)
chips, but there's nothing available yet, AFAICT.

--rafal

--
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@raptor.com
Raptor Systems, Waltham, MA      http://www.raptor.com/         781.530.2200