Subject: Re: IPNAT with just one ethernet card? -- now two cards...
To: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/03/1999 11:31:17
On Mar 3, Zach Fine wrote

> varieties available at the local computer store, I bought the rather
> inexpensive Bay Networks NetGear 10/100 Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter FA
> 310TX, which according to http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html
> should use the "de" driver (unless of course that page's inclusion of
> 'Bay Networks NetGear cards' is meant to exclude the particular card I
> bought).
>
> [...]
>
> Lite-On Communications product 0x0002 (ethernet network, revision
> 0x21) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured

I guess this card doesn't use the Dec chip. Maybe it's a clone,
but I fear they just changed their board design and use another chip.

Ethernet board manufacturer often use some variant of the same name for very
different products (see 3com: 3c905, 3c905b don't use the same chip,
compaq: Netelligent boards used to be build around thunderLAN chips, they
now use Intel, ...).