Subject: Problem with egcs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/01/1999 09:23:52
Hello,

I've discovered an annoying quirk in egcs 1.1.1. If I attempt to compile
file 'alpha.c' with optimization enabled (-O, -O2, -O3), and this file
only contains constants ('const int beta = 4;'), the resulting object
file does not contain the constant symbols (verified by running 'nm
alpha.o' and trying to link against alpha.o). However, if I compile
with optimization disabled, the constant symbols do appear in the object
file and I can link against alpha.o.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with egcs?

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens PT&D, LLC                 | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
| Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |
| 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |