Subject: Re: replacing chat
To: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/1999 15:44:17
On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 03:42:04PM -0500, Kevin Sullivan wrote:
> On my laptop, I use the following in my options file:
>
> connect '/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -display :0 -e /usr/psc/bin/kermit -l /dev/tty02'
>
> This runs kermit in an Xterm.  I dial and log in manually, type "ppp" at
> the annex prompt, then "Ctrl-\ q" and I'm all set.  It's not pretty but it
> works.

Did you have a look at the xisp package ? I discovered this recently, and found
it really nice (especially, it can display the phone charge and keep
statistics, which is usefull for countries where local calls are not free :)
It can also open a terminal window once the dilaing is done, before starting
ppp.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>