Subject: Re: internal modem cannot be found
To: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
From: Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@spacestar.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/1999 20:55:48
Brook Milligan wrote:

> A friend is trying to set up NetBSD 1.3.3/i386 and get it to recognize
> an internal Zoltrix modem.  Windows sees it and msdos kermit sees it.
> NetBSD probes the com port (tty02), but kermit or tip cannot get any
> response from the modem.  Kermit opens the line and reports on the
> status of the modem lines but once connected the modem never responds
> to AT commands in any way.
>
> Any ideas on how to track down where this is going wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Brook

Any success?  I've experienced similar problems here with 1.3.2
and 1.3.3.  I found I had to comment out the ttyflags in
/etc/rc.  Seems that the ioctl being made "hangs" the com driver.
I've been meaning to look at this some more myself.

Hope this helps.

Brian
--
Brian Ginsbach                                  <ginsbach@spacestar.net>