Subject: Re: 24ibt on ZX/leo framebuffer, cg8/12, and doing kernel src debugging with kernel kgdb stub and ddd+gdb
To: Piet Delaney <piet@cup.hp.com>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/1999 09:14:47
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:37:25 -0800 (PST)
> From: Piet Delaney <piet@cup.hp.com>

> 	If you have any suggestion on the true color frame buffer drivers on
> setting up kgdb on openbsd, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I have KGDB in the pipe, at least for i386, should not be hard to fix
for sparc.  The only problem is with me getting time to test this
stuff.  I used the NetBSD support as a base.

Most of us have developped a skill with DDB so KGDB has not been as
asked for as it could be.  I agree DDB is a poor substitute for KGDB
though.  But it works on a single machine, KGDB requires 2, so it has
at least one advantage.

Niklas