Subject: Re: sup
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/1999 10:31:52
On Feb 25, Guy Santiglia wrote
>  Thanks for all your responses to my question.
>
>   Now what exactly should be in that /etc/myname?  I named my local
> host fredfl2, using the hostname command.  I made a file "/etc/myname"
> and put one line in it:
>
> fredfl2
>
> I feel almost certain that there is more to it than that, because I still
> get the same error message when I try to sup.

This may be becaue there's no IP address associated with this name.
Try to add a line like
127.0.0.1  fredfl2
(if there's already a line with 127.0.0.1, just add fredfl2 at the end of the
line, don't add a new one).

127.0.0.1 is the address of the loopback interface, and is usually associated
with the name 'localhost'.