Subject: Re: sup
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/1999 13:37:52
At 4:54 PM +0000 2/24/99, Patrick Welche wrote:
>Guy Santiglia wrote:
>>

>>   I'm having a hell of a time getting sup to work.  I want to use it to
>> update my pkgsrc.  Where is an easy to understand how to?  Or can some one
>> email me a copy of there working supfile?  Here is the message I get
>> when I try to sup my pkgsrc:
>>
>> fredfl2: /home/fredfl2 # sup -a supfile
>> SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file supfile at Feb 24 23:09:03
>> SUP: Can't find my host entry
>
>That often means that your hostname isn't set. Try
>hostname [name-of-host]
>and maybe create /etc/myname containing it for next reboot.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Patrick

This should go in an FAQ somewhere. The error message is accurate, but not
helpful.
I got stuck with this and it took forever, actually not long after I read
the source, to figure out what was happening.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614