Subject: mounting cdrom
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: <>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/1999 14:58:41
I'm going to ask a dumb question - how do you mount a CDROM.  I've been =
trying, off/on for a few weeks, variations on
	mount_cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /mnt
with various disks I used to be able to read under Windoze (and the same =
hardware), and all I get is
	mount_cd9660: : Device not configured
The hardware is found to at least some degree:
	atapibus0 at wdc0
	cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <HITACHI CDR-7730, , 0008a> type 5 cdrom =
removable
	wd0 at wdc0 drive 0: <QUANTUM FIREBALL ST2.5A>
but I don't know enough to figure out what's going wrong.  I've gone =
through FAQs, the last few months of netbsd-help, worn out AltaVista...  =
must be some quirk in my system, but what?

--
<URL:http://www.glinx.com/users/hclsmith/>