Subject: AGAIN-2 - Appendix: does IPNAT work or not?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Olli <oliverko@dialup.nacamar.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/1999 10:45:35
Dear all,

some of you asked me some things related to my IPNAT-problem.

Dear Guenther I tryed
-> tcpdump -v -v -v -x -s 1500 "(host physik.phy.tu-dresden.de) |
(host
-> debian1.network.de) | (host netbsd1.network.de)"
but I get a syntax error.

Patrick Welche asked me about ipf -E. In the netstart-file I have the
following entries:
-> if [ -f /etc/ipnat.conf ]; the
-> echo 'starting IP network address translation'
-> /usr/sbin/ipnat -f /etc/ipnat.conf
-> fi
-> if checkyesno ipfilter; then
-> if [ -f /etc/ipf.conf ]; then
-> echo 'installing packet filter rules'
-> ipf -E -Fa -f /etc/ipf.conf
-> fi
-> fi

IP-forwarding is turned on ("sysctl -a | grep forw"):
-> net.inet.ip.forwarding = 1

Dear Urban I'm using ppp on demand and I'm not sure wether ip-up is
necessary. The files for ppp I'm using are:
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets
/etc/ppp/chat-isp
/etc/ppp/peers/isp

In the rc.conf - file I inserted:
ppp_peers="isp"
So, pppd is started during booting.
I don't know where the option ipf -y should be used.

Maybe dyn.IP's do not work with ppp on demand? Or is the problem fixed
if I patch the kernel (like Bruce Anderson suggested).

Thanks a lot.

cao,
oliver