Subject: can't boot multi user
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/1999 10:09:38

  I just added some more disk space on my system. I made a parition
for "var" on my internal disk.  Here's the set up.

fredfl2: / # df
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd1a      991501   591203   301147    66%    /
/dev/sd0g      124542      513   117801     0%    /var
kernfs              1        1        0   100%    /kern
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

 sd0 is my internal drive.

The problem is that I can't boot auto matically into multi
user mode.  I have to go in to single user and then exit into
multi user mode. After that, the system works OK.

Also when I try to mount the new var partition in single user
mode, the system hangs.  Same thing happens when I try to fsck
the new var partition.

  Does any one have any ideas where the problem lies?

  Thanks,

		Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.2
South Korea