Subject: Re: On the subject of Network cards . . . . .
To: gsjarvis <100331.2702@compuserve.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/1999 22:12:50
On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, gsjarvis wrote:

> I have a SMC EtherCard Plus Elite16 Combo (i.e. found as we0) and I think I
> have a memory conflict problem.
>
> I have set the card to -
>
> i/o base addr: 280
> IRQ: 5
> RAM base addr: D000
>
> but I'm getting (loads of) -
>
> we0: length does not match next packet pointer
> we0: len 0000 nlen 2600 start 0c first 0d curr 0f next 00 stop 40
:
:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a util. for looking for memory
> conflicts/overlaps?
> Or does anyone have a we0 configured ???

I used SMC's "ezstart" dos utility to set mine to 0x300, irq10,
0xcc00, (zero wait states), which makes it we1 with a generic kernel.
With irq9, the utility warns that there's a conflict, and if I set it
anyway, the "basic test" fails. Utilites for configuration of testing
of all of SMC's cards are available on the web,
<http://www.smc.com/ftpdocs/nics.html>.