Subject: Re: 4 short questions
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/1998 11:54:17
On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> AHEM.  At least two people are spreading misinformation here.
doh!  One of those people would be me (although I think I did ask for
corrections in my original reply).

> A few points:
>
> * There is, in fact, a port of AFS to NetBSD.  It's distributed by a
>   group at MIT, and I personally help maintain it.
>
>   It's true that it's not `support by TransArc,' but none of the ports
>   to free OSes are.  If that's really a criterion, use Solaris/x86 or
>   something.

So what is the deal with licensing?  Is the NetBSD AFS at MIT only for MIT
or can it be distributed?  How about the source?

Also, where is the "official" NetBSD AFS stuff at MIT?  I looked around a
lot and found some old (NetBSD-1.2) stuff.  I have an athena account so I
can get to MIT lockers.

Thanks for correcting my misinformation.

-Dan