Subject: Re: 4 short questions
To: The Administrator <admin@righi.ml.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/1998 09:28:43
On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, The Administrator wrote:

> Hello folks.
> I am a FReeBSD and OpenBSD addict.
> I now want to try out NetBSD.
> I just need to know some info.
>
> 1) Does NetBSD support AFS ? Is it built in a kernel option or something
> or it is supported via th earla port ??
AFS is not built in.  I believe transarc sells AFS as a commercial product
(corrections anyone?).  Arla does claim to support NetBSD.

> 2) Does NetBSD have a ports collection like Free and Open BSD ?
Yes.  Its the packages collection.  There's a link to it from the top
level NetBSD homepage (www.netbsd.org)

> 3) Does NetBSD have linux binaries compatibility ?
Yes.  I've run linux Matlab, Netscape, and Acrobat Reader.

> 4) I have seen on the main ftp site a directory  1.3.3 but it is empty.
>    Is NetBSD-1.3.3 going to be released soon??
yes.  soon.