Subject: Re: panic: isa_dmamap_create
To: Lennart Augustsson <memccolm@cois.on.ca>
From: Mike Pelley <mikep@winddancenet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/14/1998 12:17:32
>Unfortunately, you're stuck with this for 1.3.2.  It should be fixed
>in 1.3.3.  To get it running you need to unplug your sound card,
>boot, and then build a kernel without the sb driver.

Often the OPTi 82C929 is embedded on the motherboard - so it can be tricky
to unplug ;o)

In my case, I can't even disable it in my BIOS, so I went into my PCI
Interrupt page on my BIOS and switched DMA 1 (and 3 I think?) to ISA only.
The machine then booted, and I went on to recompile a new kernel without
sound, and everything went fine.  I haven't tried to get the sound going,
but this should get you booted...

CU!  Mike.