Subject: Re: FrontPage Extentions
To: Chris Ewert <radio_1@geocities.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/1998 12:13:55
According to Chris Ewert:

>Has anyone ported FrontPage Extentions to NetBSD or know how I can set
>them up?  I am running NetBSD 1.3.2 and Apache1.3.3.

I have not done this on NetBSD but (applying look of confidence that
may be misplaced) the extensions are really only a hack on top of
apache.  I would expect the hacks would be _reasonably_ portable.  The
best thing to do would be give it a try!  Don't expect any help from
M$, my experiences with getting the stuff running on Solaris were that
they cover configuring the extensions in glowing detail on an IIS+NT4
system but with unix you are on your own.  I may be overly cynical but
it does seem to be another ploy to wedge NT+IIS into the web serving
space (it _very_ nearly worked here at work too :-/ )

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.