Subject: Re: FrontPage Extentions
To: Chris Ewert <radio_1@geocities.com>
From: James Webster <James3838@tsi-net.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/01/1998 18:31:37
After much pain, I was able to get this up an running.  I'm currently
running NetBSD 1.3.2, Apache 1.3.3 with Mod_frontpage and Mod_ssl.  The
frontpage patch will fail because of a change in 1.3.3, but looking at the
failed patch file makes it easy to see what failed and how to fix it
manually.  The hardest part is getting frontpage configured to work
correctly.  The installation scripts did not work for me, and resulted in a
lot of manual twiddling until I got things working.  I still have problems
with permisions when making sub webs, but I have a manual work around that
will get it to work.

I would suggest that you muddle through it, when you get stuck, drop me a
line and I'll try to get you going again.  As a side note, the Frontpage
client will not accept privately (i.e. non-commercial) signed CA's unless
you happen to be able to get your hands on FP2K, which uses the IE cert
manager.

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Ewert <radio_1@geocities.com>