Subject: Re: Printing via netatalk?
To: Dirk Gassen <gadi0013@fh-karlsruhe.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/01/1998 13:57:34
On Nov 30, Dirk Gassen wrote
> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to print to a LaserWriter II via netatalk. I start the
> job with
> 	lpr -Plp1 test.ps
> and the printer starts printing.
> The entries in /var/log/lpd-errs indicate a successfully processed job.
> Only one problem: The log file for the printer (/var/log/lpd-iintx-errs)
> has the message
> 	status: Permission denied

I think it's a netatalk process trying to update /var/spool/iintx/status.
I don't know which UID runs the if and of filters, maybe it should be
chown'ed to 'daemon.daemon' or something like that ...
As a very last resort, you could still make status mode 666.
However, it's not really a problem, the status file is here only
to give accurates informations in 'lpq'.