Subject: Re: ccd?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/1998 11:10:44
David Wetzel wrote:
] I have just installed 1.3.2 on a PII with 2 4.5GB UW SCSI disks.
]
] I installed it on sd0a as /, 128 MB swap and no other partitions.
]
] How do I make a CCD (add the second disk to have one "big" disk)?
]
] As I understand the man pages, I have to create the same partitions on the
] second disk and to write a ccdconfig-file.
]
] Is this correct?
]

You have your entire system on 1 file system?
This is probably not what you want, nor recommended..

CCDs can not be made on the root file system because they have to be
initialized during rc startup.  If you want the rest of your system
to be on a ccd, then just match the partition sizes to the remaining
portion of the first disk and fill out the config file.

-=erik.

--
Hack the Media.                                       Life is an illusion.