Subject: [jspath@bcpl.net: Re: gnats and wwwgnats]
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@bcpl.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/21/1998 18:17:55
--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
No one can help me, not that anyone has tried of course.

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:28:35 -0400
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@bcpl.net>
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
Subject: Re: gnats and wwwgnats

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 11:53:35AM -0400, Marinier, M. Claude, G. wrote:
> I have been looking for gnats (maybe I should use wwwgnats) but have had
> no success. I checked the development packages but did not find it. All I
> can find is gnats 3.2 from the GNU site; it is very old and does not like
> NetBSD.
>
> What I really want is a simple problem tracking system to help the IT team
> here. I will even consider MS Windows based solutions.
>
> Could someone please point me to the right place?
>
> Thank you.

I have found the program "jitterbug" to be a good variation on the GNATS
theme. It is easy to customise and can be accessed from email or the
web. It runs on UNIX only, which is also a plus :-)

See: http://samba.anu.edu.au/jitterbug/

------