Subject: Re: 3Com PCI 905B-TX supported?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Mike Nguyen <mikenguyen@sprintmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1998 17:15:00
On 17-Oct-98 seebs@plethora.net uttered:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.02.9810170040300.27686-100000@bxfm.com>, Sean Clarke
> wri
> tes:
>>I have the 3Com PCI 905B-TX card on my linux box, I also have it in
>>one of my NetBSD machines, and it works great in both. The only really thing
>>you get in linux is when it shuts down kerneld it displays like 6 lines of
>>address crap.  NetBSD you don't get anything out of the ordinary.  But to
>>get it working in NetBSD I had to download a kernel module.  I don't
>>actually recall where I got it from, but I am sure you can find it if you
>>take a look.
>
> One warning:  At least from BSDI's experience, there are *TWO* 3C905B's.
> They
> are not mutually compatible.

I think there is a 3C905 and a 3C905B. At least for FreeBSD, the 905 was
supported (not so well) by the vx driver, along with the 390 and 395. Bill Paul
wrote a newer, much better driver, the xl driver, for the 905 and 905B for
FreeBSD.

Mike.

Mike Nguyen <mikenguyen@sprintmail.com> - UNIX Sysadmin and Geek
  Pager (800) SKY-8888 pin# 1138368
     or 1138368@skytel.com

"I used to get high on life but lately I've built up a resistance."