Subject: Re: Internal modem weirdness?
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <dinsen@danbbs.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1998 15:55:19
>   After some period of time now not being able to use my internal Zoom 56K

>   plug-n-play modem I found that I can (and I did) disable the PNP option

>   and fix it to an address and IRQ.  This worked fine under Win95, but
>   under NetBSD and Linux (which now are able to recognize it) it reports a

>   connection at 115k but when I have it report the line statistics it is
>   communicating to the remote modem at 300bps!!!  What is the deal?

Dont care what an internal modem reports as the speed with which it is communicating
with the host. You can specify anything, and it reports anything, since there's
not a real UART between the system bus and the modem chip.

Anders
Anders Dinsen                    http://www.danbbs.dk/~dinsen
                                 dinsen@danbbs.dk