Subject: Re: Internal modem weirdness?
To: Charles M. Hannum <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1998 09:50:34
Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> >    ..., but
> >    under NetBSD and Linux (which now are able to recognize it) it reports a
> >    connection at 115k but when I have it report the line statistics it is
> >    communicating to the remote modem at 300bps!!!  What is the deal?
>
> By default, the CONNECT message displays the speed at which the modem
> is talking to the computer, so it's not surprising that they're
> different.
>
> I don't know why it would be connecting at 300 bps, though.  Are you
> sure it's not a WinModem?

   Pretty sure.  It's a Rockwell chipset and I went through this long
   ordeal to upgrade the onboard eprom so that it now is v.90 compatible.

   I'm thinking that I need to pass it some initialization info.  But I'm
   not sure.

-| Brad Colbert        w: (202) 404-4708   ITD Virtual Reality Lab, NRL
-| bcolbert@acm.org    m: (703) 862-4104   ITT Systems & Sciences Corporation
-+---------------| http://www.ait.nrl.navy.mil/people/bcolbert |--------------