Subject: Re: Can I use the linux swap partition?
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@ack.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/15/1998 16:30:17
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:45:36 -0700 (PDT)  Phil Nelson wrote:

> I believe you should be able to just make the b partition of your
> disklabel map to the Linux swap area even though it is out of the
> NetBSD partition.  I access the DOS partition this way, why not the
> Linux swap partition!

netBSD won't care as long as it's in the disklabel for the device,
but I though Linxu expected a certain bit pattern in its swap area
(isn't that what mkswap does when you use it?).

Anyway, a bit ago (3 years) when I had tried that last, Linux
demanded that mkswap be rerun on the partition after NetBSD had
stomped on it.

perhaps things have changed...