Subject: Re: disklabel problem
From: John F. Acree <jfacree@eos.ncsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/15/1998 09:00:06
> I received this message when I was repartitioning my external disk (on a
> sparc 4).  My problem was that the partition sizes and start points were
> not exact numbers of cylinders.  If you want just one partition, you should
> be able to, either just use the 'c' partition, or duplicate the values for
> the 'c' partition another partition.

I did, and I still got the error.  I used disklabel -i, so when it asked for
the size I gave it in cylinders.  Here is the disklabel:

# /dev/sd0c:
type: SCSI
disk: SCSI disk
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 2048
sectors/track: 64
tracks/cylinder: 8
sectors/cylinder: 512
cylinders: 606
total sectors: 310352
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

2 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
a:    310272    0    4.2BSD    0    0    # (Cyl.    0 - 606)
c:    310272    0    unknown   0    0    # (Cyl.    0 - 606)

Thanks.
    John