Subject: Re: Unable to boot 1.3.2 boot floppy
To: None <root@garbled.net>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/12/1998 13:48:39
Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 12-Oct-98 Brad Colbert spoke unto us all:
> # > Hrmm.. not sure..  I've seen that before.. but only when it was trying to
> # > run
> # > ttyflags on the ports..    (like it picks up a modem it doesnt fully
> # > support,
> # > ttyflags hits it and *hang*)
> # >
> # > I've not seen any other explainable instance of that..
> # >
> #
> #     I wonder if that's it.  I have a Zoom 56kFlex internal modem that doesn't
> #     appear to be supported by NetBSD.  Does that mean I have to wait till
> #     it's supported?
> #
>
> No.  But do me a favor.. take the card out, boot, see if it hangs.. If it
> doesnt, then you install normally, get the kernel source, download the
> comisapnp.c from -current, and build with that.  it should work out of the box.
>
> Your Zoom modem may not be supported in 1.3.2, however I'm willing to bet it is
> supported in current..  So your problem is most likely fixable.. even if it
> means runnning a snapshot.

   I'll give that a shot in a few hours.  I'm not at home right now and can't
   get to that machine.  How long will you be checking your mail today?

   Thanks,

   Brad

   P.S.

   I hope you don't mind but I'm CC'ing these messages to the mail group
   so that they get archived.  This may help someone in the future.

--
-| Brad Colbert        w: (202) 404-4708   ITD Virtual Reality Lab, NRL