Subject: Moving forward with Quake II/SVGAlib, sort of...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/1998 11:37:09
Hi again, all.

Getting Quake II to run under NetBSD using SVGAlib with PCVT is turning out
to be somewhat interesting.

Current snags:

1) Once running, keystrokes are not captured by the quake2 process.

2) Evidently mouse support must be explicitly defined for use with SVGAlib.
>From the Linux README:

  Please note that you may need to configure your mouse for SVGALib in
  /etc/vga/libvga.config (or /etc/libvga.config).

I assume the mouse stuff will be relatively easy to fix once I find a
description of the libvga.config format. The first problem is trickier,
though. If the system doesn't tie keystrokes to the process by itself,
it needs to be told to do so, and I'm not sure how to go about doing
this.

Thanks in advance for clues...

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments