Subject: Virtual Terminals
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <033197m@acadiau.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/1998 20:09:04
I realize there was recently a message sent around asking about virtual
terminals, but I'd like to throw my questions out too, since I'm having
similar problems.

I've commented out pc0 and uncommented vt0 to enable them, ran
/dev/MAKEDEV ttyv* and /dev/MAKEDEV pty*.  When i press alt-F11, it gives
me a bunch of terminal options at the  bottom of the screen as well as a
[X] line where X is the number of the VT (0-7) that i'm working on.
However, the only screen where it shows me anything is 0.  Any other
screen is just blank no matter how many times i hit enter or any other
key.  The options set under ALT-F11 are the same for all 8 terminal
screens.

I'm using NetBSD 1.3.2 (i386) on a 386DX33 and a standard VGA video card.
Other than this (hopefully) simple problem, the system works perfectly.
(It is currently pressed into use as a dialup router for my home LAN).

 Sean Murphy (033197m@acadiau.ca)
-----
-History is rarely made by reasonable men.