Subject: PCVT questions...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/1998 10:40:32
Hi, all.

I'm playing around with pcvt, but not to any great effect... I have a couple
questions.

1) How do I switch between virtual consoles? The man page describes the
default as being eight, but I'm not sure how to switch between them.

2) Is it the case that I need to rebuild my X stuff to allow console
switching to happen? If so, is there a FAQ or HOW-TO out there that describes
how this is done? I've just dug through the pcvt man page and the NetBSD
web site to no avail.

3) (The stealth question...) Is there any way I can run Quake II with SVGAlib?
I'm running Quake II under Linux emulation right now, but I get complaints
about not being able to access a graphics display (I believe - I'll write
down the exact message if that'll help) when I try it from outside of X. (I
make sure DISPLAY is unset before trying this, as that appears to be how
Quake determines if it's supposed to run in an X window or not.)

Thanks in advance for the information!

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments