Subject: Re: Getting errors on every configure script
To: Chrissy Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/04/1998 08:25:15
On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Chrissy Lloyd wrote:

> Every configure script I run for anything I want to compile gives the following
> error:
>
> configure: error: missing argument to --

Haven't seen that, exactly. Each configure script is supplied with
the sources, so it's quite odd if different sources give the same
error. What shell are you using? Does this work?

	sh ./configure --help

That should give a list of options. Usually, ``sh ./configure'', or
``./configure'' (if you're using a Bourne compatable shell) is all you
need, but there will occasionally be mandatory options. Check the
INSTALL document.