Subject: Tracking the source tree with sup
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James A. Mutter <jmutter@devrycols.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/02/1998 17:52:17
I'm a long time FreeBSD user and just recently built a machine to run
NetBSD.  I'm have a question regarding the correct use of sup.

I checked the NetBSD FAQ/Documentation page and read the information
regarding sup.  Is this the standard method for tracking the source tree?
I ask because it seems like a lot of overhead (compared of course to
FreeBSD).  Do I really need 3 independent copies of the source on my
machine?  Isn't there an easier/less resource intensive way?

Maybe I'm just spoiled, FreeBSD uses CVSup for tracking the source tree
and it seems a bit more logical.  Is there an advantage to using sup?

Thanks much.

Jim