Subject: Re: out of memory locks my terminal up
To: None <jwjr@name.net>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/02/1998 18:31:32
Hi,

> Yeah, I wondered about that, never used ulimits so I was not aware how
> they worked, i.e. via the environment.  Quite right it's a shell

Well, I meant environment as a more general term, not any environment
variables, i.e. the environment the process runs in (its open files, its
address space etc., yes, including the environment variables as well).

> script.  I guess maybe the Sun people would make the bogus argument
> that it's nice for csh users to be able to "ulimit -a", same with
> reporting aliases.

While the former (reporint ulimit) will work when called from a csh, the
latter (reporting aliases) will not, as the aliases are _only_ within the
data area of the shell.

Hope it helps.

Ciao,
Wolfgang