Subject: Anyone using SGI's Standard Template Library??
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/1998 09:53:50
Hello,

Is anyone out there using SGI's Standard Template Library version 3.11
(www.sgi.com/Technology/STL/index.html) on their NetBSD 1.3.2 system?

I tried compiling a simple program like this:

---------
#include <vector>
int main(void)
{
  vector<int> i;

  return 0;
}

---------

and got a ton of compiler error messages (too numerous to post) about
problems in the STL's header files. Is STL 3.11 simply not compatable with
NetBSD 1.3.2? I noticed that there is a configuration header file that can
let me define what parts of the STL are useable, but did not see any
default entries in that for NetBSD.

If anyone has experience in getting the STL 3.11 to work with NetBSD I
would like to hear from you before I try to fix the problems that may have
already been fixed by someone else...

Thanks in advance,

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens Power Systems Control     |                                   |
| 7225 Northland Drive              | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
| Brooklyn Park, MN 55428   USA     | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |