Subject: Re: NEC Versa 6030 Mice
To: Al Urbaitis <aurbaiti@servecom.picker.com>
From: Michael C. Ibarra <ibarra@hawk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/1998 20:30:26
At 12:22 AM 9/10/98 -0600, Al Urbaitis wrote:
>I am having a spot of trouble with my laptop...
>I have an NEC 6030 Versa
>I have installed the distribution from the NetBSD 1.3.2 CD
>I am running the generic kernel
>
>I am having trouble with the configuration of the XFree86 server.
>
>I don't know the appropriate way to describe my mouse.

I recently installed NetBSD on my Dell laptop and it has a trackball which
is just a
PS2 device and I would guess that your "pad" is a PS2 equiv. First of all
you have to
make sure that you have support for the PS2 in your kernel, this means that
you have to
recompile a new one, which is not too bad a thing anyhow. Secondly, your
XF86Config should
use, if I recall correctly, BusMouse *not* PS/2. I believe this is because
of the way the
NetBSD driver behaves, intentionally, with the PS/2 mouse. Right now my
laptop is running
NT, but if I reboot tonight I will email you the line you need. Lastly,
this is mentioned
in the FAQ, though I too missed it at first :-)

-mike