Subject: NEC Versa 6030 Mice
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Al Urbaitis <aurbaiti@servecom.picker.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/1998 00:22:40
I am having a spot of trouble with my laptop...
I have an NEC 6030 Versa
I have installed the distribution from the NetBSD 1.3.2 CD
I am running the generic kernel

I am having trouble with the configuration of the XFree86 server.

I don't know the appropriate way to describe my mouse.

I have two choices...
1. the laptop has two buttons and a touch pad for a pointing device
2. there is a PS/2 port ( I have a three button mouse available )

with the three button mouse not installed...
dmesg does not give me a reference to pmsX, lms or mms

with the three button mouse installed
dmesg looks the same

Starting the server with "startx" results in a hasty exit
with the message ...
Fatal server error
Cannot open mouse (Device not configured)

Sooo....
My best guess is that either the line for Protocol
or Device is incorrect (XF86Config)

1. What would be the appropriate entries for the touch pad ?
2. What woould be the appropriate entries for the PS/2 port three button
mouse

Any other gotchas...

Al Urbaitis
aurbaiti@servecom.picker.com