Subject: Netbsd Boot Problems during Installation on Amiga
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@iname.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/07/1998 09:40:26
Hello,
I am installing Netbsd for the second time (Hard drive died) and the only 2way
i can get it to boot is with this command:

loadbsd -apZ netbsd

I installed netbsd1.21 without any errors but now am having some strange
problems, first off its a problem that only 4meg of Ram are availible,
expecially as the EGS Spectrum card uses 2 of that. when I use Ps I get a
message saying "sedmentation error" What are these problems? I fear that i
might need to recompile the kernel with specific info on my system? Also
the installation instructions i have do not say how to mount the /local
partition, how would that be done?

Also I am installing X, rather have installed X. And am confised about the
grfmodes file. I have used the one coming with the distribution and that just
displays garbage, and forced me to turn off the computer.

Thank you for your time.

Ben Bogart