Subject: Re: ODBC, perl, Access
To: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
From: Andrew J Robbie <a.robbie@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1998 19:48:35
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, David Maxwell wrote:

> Has anyone managed to use perl on NetBSD to use an
> Access database on an NT server via ODBC?

I think you may need to re-think the problem before you start
using words like 'ODBC'. Do you really need ODBC, or do you just
want some database solution? Why do you want to use Access, the
database which forgets things? Why do you want to use perl? Is
it because you are proficient in perl, or because you have an
existing perl system, or because someone has told you to use perl?

Here is an article from comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix:

begin-----