Subject: X11 is killing me!!
To: , <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Alfio Lo Castro <alfio@ede.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/01/1998 18:30:17
I have installed and configured (Amiga) NetBSD 1.3.2 and X11R6 on a A4000
060 with cv643d but my system hangs after startx....
Unfortunally my backspace is "out of order", but i have already verified
that
1) my ld.so.conf shares all library and all xinit files have the right
parameters (INSTALL.X11 dixit)...
2) Grfconfig installs on startup the right video modes but...
when i start 'startx' i have some error messages and then the system hangs.
If i config X with "-dev /dev/grf0 -depth 680 -height 540 -depth
4 -emulatemiddle" the error is: 'Warning: cannot allocate colormap entry for
"color"' and 'twm: unable to allocate color "gray70"', then hangs...
If i config "X with -dev /dev/grf7 -mode 2 -emulatemiddle"' (640x480 8 bit)
the monitor turns to stand-by mode (is a Trust 17") and then the system
hangs...
(I have already verified that the mode have the correct parameters and that
CV3D starts well)
please help me!

Best regards, PK