Subject: Re: pppd and IPCP failure
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/1998 20:22:49
On 31-Aug-98 Frederick Bruckman spoke unto us all:
#  It appears that the host expects you to tell it it's ip address! Is your
#  chat script providing a login name and password? Perhaps you're expected
#  to parse the remote address that it gives you after accepting you're
#  login. You could probably see if that's the case by running 'chat' with
#  the '-V' option.

I've seen this behavior before when connecting to a host that requires PAP
authentication..  My machine would pass down 198.168.10.1 (my internal network
address) and the other side would go.. "umm, no"..  Once I fixed that.. it
would do the 0.0.0.0 stuff Brian is seeing..  Setting up PAP fixed it right up.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html