Subject: Re: PnP ISA NE2000, Network card problem !
To: Bigboss <bigboss@bigboss.demon.co.uk>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/1998 11:54:06
Your message dated: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:49:07 +0100

>I cannt see any obious prblems with routing or inteface configuration.
>
>A few things that come into my mind is my NIC, is ISA PnP card (NE2000
>compitibale ones) and I think there is some problem with IRQ and base
>address and similar such like (together with PnP BIOS).  Is there any
>utility to see and setup ISA PnP cards in NetBSD, and how do I update =
>the
>device driver file for ne2 ?
>
>Please let me have any info thanks.

I think you're right here. Quite some time ago, I had a similar problem
and it was IRQ related. I think you should check your BIOS settings.
It may be the ISA card uses an IRQ that is not reserved for ISA use in
the BIOS and it is assigned to a PCI card at the same time. Or something
like that.

Good luck...

Feico.