Subject: ip-up problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <033197m@acadiau.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/1998 14:25:44
Until recently, I've been using a 386 with NetBSD 1.3.2 as a gateway to
the internet for my local network.  The gateway has a 14.4 modem (blech)
to connect to my isp.  However, recently, the ip-up file called by pppd
after connecting has started acting strangely.. It used to bring up ip-nat
to redirect ports to the various machines on my network.  There are a
couple lines in the ip-nat section that require a var (LOCALIP) to be set,
which it is at the beginning of the file.  This worked flawlessly until a
few days ago, not the LOCALIP var is not being set properly.  I've
appended the ip-up file here.  could somenoe give me some kind of hint or
idea as to why its suddenly stopped working?

#!/bin/sh

export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# debugging stuff
/bin/echo $LOCALIP > /etc/ppp/file

INTERFACE=$1
TTY=$2
SPEED=$3
LOCALIP=$4
REMOTEIP=$5
SERVICE=$6

# Bring up IP-NAT
ipnat -FC
/bin/echo "map ppp0 10.0.0.0/24  -> $LOCALIP/32  portmap tcp/udp 10000:65000" | ipnat -f -
/bin/echo "map ppp0 10.0.0.0/24  -> $LOCALIP/32" | ipnat -f -

ipnat -f /etc/ppp/nat-rules

# Keep the connection alive
/etc/ppp/ppp-keepalive > /dev/null &

# Set the time
#/usr/local/bin/fixtime

# Update Monolith DNS
/etc/ppp/ml

----
the /etc/ppp/file created by the debugging section is always empty..