Subject: Re: Of SCSI disks and media errors
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/28/1998 09:20:12
I have tried using sdremap to remap what appears to be a faulty block
on a SCSI disk (i386 arch) - am I missing something?

Testing with;

  % dd if=/dev/sd1h conv=noerror of=/dev/null
  % grep 'sd1(ahc1:1:0): medium error' /var/log/messages
    /netbsd: sd1(ahc1:1:0): medium error, info = 3980364 (decimal), \
        data = 72 67 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    ... (there are a number of blocks reported)
  % umount /dev/sd1h
  % sdremap /dev/rsd1d 3980364

Retesting then produces the same error.

Rex McMaster                            rmcm@compsoft.com.au