Subject: Re: Newbie.
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/26/1998 10:05:53
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 seebs@plethora.net wrote:

> In message <D0A1892F03D6D111AAB600805FA7D11E5CF8C1@msgis01.microage.com>, "Bear
> d, Rusty" writes:
> >OK.  Here's the first post from a NetBSD Newbie.  I just installed 1.3.2
> >from the purchased CD-ROMs to my intel-based PC at home.  I am an AIX
> >and HP/UX admin, and wanted to experiment with this OS.  I don't find
> >any system administration tools (like adduser), or *anything* useful for
> >these tasks.  I can't even find something like lpstat.
>
> A lot of these are different or just don't exist.  For instance, 'adduser'
> simply doesn't exist; there's a man page ('man 8 adduser') for the procedure.

	We do have a large number of packages available under pkgsrc
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/packages.html

	For example the program to add a user is 'addnerd':
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/sysutils/addnerd/README.html

		David/absolute

    -=-  "They're only red from all the thoughts unused inside my head"  -=-