Subject: Re: new disk
To: Richard Horwood <rich@mondial.com.au>
From: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/26/1998 16:14:17
1. Put a minimal entry in /etc/disktab - dt,ty,se,ns and nc
attributes should be enough.

  eg
        fuj1606|FUJITSU M1606S-512 1041MB SCSI2:\
        :dt=SCSI:ty=winchester:se#512:nt#6:ns#102:nc#3457:

2. Write the label using this prototype

        disklabel -w -r sd1 fuj1606
                          ^  ^^^
                          |   \------ from disktab
                          \--------new disk id

3. You will then have a basic label on the disk, which you can edit
(add partitions etc) with

        disklabel -e -r sd1

4. newfs etc

Rex McMaster                            rmcm@compsoft.com.au