Subject: Re: new disk
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/25/1998 23:47:55
On Aug 26,  3:52pm, Joel Reicher wrote:
>> Yes, but it's not especially straightforward.  I did this:
>>
>> # disklabel -e /dev/rwd1d
>> [...edit label...]
>> disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: No disk label on disk;
>> use "disklabel -r" to install initial label
>> re-edit the label? [y]:
>
>It is possible that the easiest way of getting yourself an initial disktab
>entry is to ask for NetBSD's guess, which you can probably do with
>disklabel -t wd1
>This will output the guess in disktab entry format.
>
>There may be an even easier way of doing all of this, but I don't know it.

I just went through the same exercise with a SCSI disk.  What I ended up
doing was something like in the examples section of the disklabel man page.
Basically 'disklabel disk > file', edit file to set things the way you want
them, then 'disklabel -R disk file' to put it on the disk.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Don't kiss an elephant on the lips today.