Subject: Re: Linux vs. Solaris vs. NetBSD? I could use some help - wanna
To: None <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/1998 02:25:16
> From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@ics.muni.cz>

> > Most of the stuff I run is standard internet stuff, plus a bunch of perl
> > and some mSQL. It was only sort of by accident we became a small "ISP,"

Use PostgreSQL instead of miniSQL.

> I would use Solaris and examine latest BSD/OS (I have no detailed
> info on it yet).

Have you ever tried NetBSD vs. Solaris on the same box [tm]?

Solaris has nothing (besides SMP) that you need. Net/FreeBSD support cheap
ISDN cards.
Does Solaris?

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION